Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Inevitable Facebook Author Page

www.facebook.com/authorjosephfalank

So, this is it. It had all been coming down to this anyway. A foregone conclusion. I knew it. Much as I delayed and delayed and thought it over and hemmed and hawed and pondered and questioned...in the end, it was inevitable.

I'd seen a few writer friends dabble with Facebook author pages in the last few months. Often I told myself that it wasn't necessary; not yet. I was purposefully being standoffish because having another Facebook account didn't strike me as essential, or enjoyable, or as even something I wanted. Ugh, another Facebook to take up my time?!

That was my thinking anyway.

So, what changed my mind? Allow me to explain using the exact post I made earlier - I feel it worded the decision perfectly.



After a conversation with a fellow author this past week, it was made clear to me just how simple it is to create a Facebook author page (or any page, be it a band site, or one for an artist, filmmaker, etc.). I didn't have to sign in separately, didn't have to register another e-mail, didn't have to jump through a lot of hoops. I just logged on and bam, took me five minutes to create. I can switch between the two "accounts" with a simple click. Easy peasy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment