Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Seeing - Book Review By Erik (thiskidreviewsbooks.com)

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm forever grateful for the glowing adult reviews for SEEING. I was quite ecstatic, too, when I received news just recently that a young reader, user name Alyssakb99, from LitPick.com, also very much enjoyed my book.

But the one review I've been waiting for (and keeping my fingers crossed for) finally published this morning, and I am very excited to share it with you, my dear readers.

The review comes from Erik, the boy reader from www.thiskidreviewsbooks.com. I've included portions of Erik's text below.

You can check out Erik's full review of SEEING on his website.



Book Review - SEEING by Joseph Falank

Summary – 13 year-old Jake Sheppard has always been mocked in his class. After his father walked out on his mother and him, and his best friend became his tormentor, his life has been even harder. The fact that his grandfather, who has recently lost his wife, has come to live with them helps. His mom dating another guy doesn’t. Not in Jake’s mind.

What I ThoughtThis book is amazing. I like how Mr. Falank’s writing style shows the depth of the bond between Jake and his grandfather. Mr. Falank writes realistically. Even though this isn’t the typical action/adventure book I usually go crazy over, the book really left an impression on me. The story kept me reading. I finished it in one day. The story, even though is one of loss, is also one of hope. It is motivating, in a way.

For anyone who says small press publishers don’t produce good books – check out Seeing. It will change your mind in many ways.

I give “Seeing” five out of five bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment